Newest post on top... click the archive for past adventures!

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Happily Homeless in Seattle

Worldly belongings are stowed away with certain levity and the familiar anticipation of freedom and exploration pulls at me. Once again, the Mighty Chevy Astro Van is readied for the road ahead.

La Casita en Ruedas
The Astro Verde, as she's known in southern climes, has been transformed into "mi casita en ruedas" (my little house on wheels)... well-stocked, comfortable, and ready for adventure in new places and new-found friends.

Down the majestic West Coast to Northern California, across the Sierra Mountains and Mojave Desert to the Grand Canyon and ancient ruins of Arizona and New Mexico I'll roam, then south again through the Sonora and Sinaloa states of Mexico and along the eastern coastline of the Sea of Cortez to the spectacular Copper Canyon. The Topolobampo ferry will deliver me to the port city of La Paz and Baja California Sur, where my lovely pueblo of Todos Santos, sitting cozily on the Tropic of Cancer, will be my home for the summer.